We love Cosplay! All things costume design, prop making, photos, and maybe a few random ramblings in between!

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Harley Quinn-- The Collar, Pt. 1

Making this up as I go along.
So Harley Quinn has a wide, flat collar with long-- tassel-- things.. I'm not really sure what to call them.







Whatever they're called.

Anywhoo.

First step-- I had Lainee measure around the bottom of her neck, towards the flat of her shoulders, and directly above her collarbones.

Then I made the measurement into a circle on the measuring tape, and traced the circle onto a piece of double folded white cotton. Then I folded it in half again and measured three points from the circle, 4 1/4 inches long, and drew the squiggle/tassel/things on with a pencil. Then pinned it to keep the layers from shifting around.


It's hard to explain.

So then I cut it out, and cut the center piece out for the neck.



Then unfolded it and pinned it again to keep the two layers together.



I also cut one side open for the fastener.
Then I just stitched around the entire piece. Et voila.


So now all that needs to be done is attach a fastener of some sort, then sew on the pompoms. 

~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment