We love Cosplay! All things costume design, prop making, photos, and maybe a few random ramblings in between!

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Cheshire Cat Makeup Trial


So today, I made Lainee be my model to practice my Cheshire Cat makeup on. She's such a good sport. This is the trial run, I've done it a total of once on myself, so I need a bit more practice.

The Steps

1. I don't have a picture of this one, but take your black facepaint, and put a dot right above the upper lip, centered, in the indent. Then line up a dot, right below the bottom lip. Then place a dot underneath the cheekbone, near the ear. This is for the corner of the smile. Now connect the dots. 




The best picture I currently have. Now take your paintbrush and draw some thin lines across the bottom lip. The three in the middle are straight, but as you move outwards, make them more curved. 

2- Now do the same thing across the entire shape. 





Like so. 

3- Now make a triangle between each line, and fill it in, to create the point of the teeth. Fill in the space between the top and bottom teeth, as well.



4- Make little dimples on the corners of the smile. 


5- Now take your white facepaint and fill in the teeth. Carefully. 



 6- Last part! Add a nose by tracing a line from the upper lip to the bottom of the nose, then tracing a black line around the tip of the nose. Fill it in with pink eye shadow. Then add three or four little dots for whiskers on the cheeks.





And done! I also gave her eye makeup with blue and silver eyeshadows, added blue shadow to her eyebrows, and she's wearing fake lashes.


In all, I think it turned out pretty well!


(Lainee- Thanks for being my model!)

~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment