We love Cosplay! All things costume design, prop making, photos, and maybe a few random ramblings in between!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Harley Quinn-Pt. 1

I must say, I have been having too much fun making this costume. Honestly, I'm rather impressed with myself because the extent of my sewing experience comes from theatre and the dreadful sewing classes I took about 8 years ago. 

The process was rather simple. For the top I bought a red and a black camisole (2 for $10 at California Girls!), cut em each in half and sewed seams up the front and the back. 

Before:

Step 1:

Step 2:

And finally, the finished product!:

In the end, the top took me only about 30 minutes. 

I made the skirt using the same basic process (I failed to take pictures of it). The only difference was that I had to hem the skirt (easy enough). Once I add the finishing touches to the skirt, I'll post more pictures. 

Not bad for for about $20 and an hour's worth of work, eh? 

Thanks for reading! 

-Lainee 



No comments:

Post a Comment