We love Cosplay! All things costume design, prop making, photos, and maybe a few random ramblings in between!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Run Like Hell ~ Pietro Maximoff Cosplay

My Evan Peters obsession is pretty bad, I'm telling you.

Yeah...

But really, when we saw X-men: Days Of Future Past, I knew he'd be a pretty awesome character to cosplay. I mean, just look at him..


But seriously, lookit how cute he is...

Nevermind.

Anyways, but here's my Pietro (Peter) Maximoff Cosplay.


Fairly easy, as far as cosplays go. The jeans and the Pink Floyd T-shirt I already owned.

Shoes
The shoes are fairly close to the trainers he wears, found in the boy's section at Payless.


Just plain, grey Airwalk skateboard shoes. They were $15. I pulled out the laces on the one and replaced them with blue laces, also from Payless.

Goggles
For the goggles, I ordered a plain pair of welding goggles online, just the cheapest pair I could find. They were 8 dollars or so. Apparently these things don't come cheap.
They started out dark green, and had two lenses in each, one clear glass and one black sunglass-type material. I took out the black part, leaving the clear, and sanded, then spray painted, the rest of it silver. It only needed two coats, it covered really well.


Jacket
Of course we can't forget Maximoff's signature silver blazer...


Ten bucks at Saver's.

Hair
Last but not least, there's the mutant's iconic silver hair. Since I didn't feel like trying to figure out how to get my hair silver, I bought a really terrible white wig from Party City. But, what can you expect, it was fifteen bucks.

I bought some Rit fabric dye and soaked the wig in that for two days, during which it soaked up a surprisingly small amount of dye. Snarl. But it was grey, even if it wasn't as dark as I wanted it.



Lainee had some silver hairspray, and gave it to me, so I'm going to add a bit of that to it to make it kind of metallic. Maybe I'll get some darker dye and try again, but I don't have high hopes.
The last thing I need to do is straighten it, given that it's kind of wavy/weird spazz/curly. From what I've found on Google, to straighten a synthetic wig, you have to pour boiling water over it. Ai. We'll see...


Anyways.
So that's Quicksilver. I'll be wearing this costume at Phoenix Comicon in May. Lainee's matching me as Pietro's twin sister Wanda, AKA Scarlet Witch.


~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment